Mission, Vision and Goals
In the midst of both a local and worldwide housing crisis, too many families still live in crowded, deteriorated or unsafe housing. Windy City Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is committed to providing safe and affordable housing to those in need in Chicago. Windy City Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God's people from all walks of life to build simple, decent and affordable houses to strengthen families, and in turn, neighborhoods.
Windy City Habitat for Humanity will work toward eliminating housing inequality stemming from poverty in the Chicago Metropolitan area. We will build affordable houses, better lives, stronger families and safer communities through partnerships with community residents, civic groups, civic organizations, corporations and municipalities throughout Chicago.
- Help build healthy, sustainable and safe homes and neighborhoods in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
- Connect people who care with people in need of affordable housing.
- Expand home ownership in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
- Eliminate housing inequality both directly and indirectly for the working poor.
- Develop strategic partnerships with churches, corporations and organizations to eliminate poverty housing.